We are available to schedule visits in-office and via telehealth. Pre-register for your scheduled visit on Phreesia, update patient information, pay copays, and fill out any needed forms per visit! Please call upon arrival for appointments before entering our office.
General Pediatrics at Saw Mill is a team of 16 board-certified pediatricians specializing in offering expert care to children from birth through adolescence. As full-time faculty members at New York Medical College and Maria Feria Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center, we pride ourselves in providing a family-centered medical home for all of our patients, which is emphasized by our outstanding pediatric nurses and office staff.
We are highly experienced in treating children with chronic illnesses, complex medical conditions and syndromes, metabolic disorders and technology dependence. Our team is available for urgent and routine visits, well-care visits, pre-operative clearance, post hospitalization follow-ups, and nurse visits for vaccinations.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is not a building, place or hospital. Rather, it is an approach to providing comprehensive healthcare. As your PCMH, we want to be the first place you think of for all of your child’s medical needs. We believe that the partnership between the patient, the patient’s family, and his/her primary care provider and care team is important. The care team, led by your primary care provider, is committed to providing the best healthcare services possible. Your child’s care team will work with you and any outside providers or facilities to coordinate care across all settings, including behavioral health. The team will offer appropriate medical advice, information, and self-management support based on current recommendations and evidence-based guidelines.
Your Care Team
- Knows the health history of your child
- Listens to your questions, concerns and feelings, as well as those of your child
- Learns about you, your family, your life situation, your health goals and preferences
- Coordinates your child’s care with other healthcare providers
- Creates a trusting, collaborative relationship with you and your child
- Treats your child with compassion and an understanding of his/her strengths
- Develops a care plan with you and your child when needed
- Respects and honors your culture and traditions
- Keeps your child up to date with all vaccines and preventative screenings
- Takes care of short term illnesses, long term chronic diseases, and your child’s overall well being
- Provides behavioral health services when appropriate
- Will notify you about test results in a timely manner
- Gives you information on community resources and other services to support your child’s health
- Helps you make the best decisions for your child’s care
You and Your Child
- Are comfortable sharing concerns and questions with your pediatric team and other health care providers
- Provide a complete and accurate medical and family history to your pediatric team to ensure that the practice has all of the most important and relevant medical information to effectively care for your child
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs and family priorities to your pediatric team
- Remember to tell your pediatric team about any care received between visits (including emergency room visits, urgent care clinics) so we can help coordinate your child’s care
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as soon as possible
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment
- Pay copays and past-due balances at the time of service
We see you, the parent, as an important member of your child’s health care team. As your child matures, we hope he or she will become an increasingly active team member. Preparing your child to take the lead in caring for his or her own health is, ultimately, our team’s most important task.
If you’ve just had a baby, we recommend that you schedule an appointment within one week of discharge from the hospital or sooner, if needed.
All routine well visits are by appointment only and are usually scheduled with your primary doctor. Please try to be on time. If you are unable to keep a routine scheduled appointment, please notify our office 24 hours in advance; otherwise, a $40 cancellation fee will apply.
Please print and complete the following forms and bring them to your first appointment. If you are unable to print them, please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete the forms.
- Office Policies
- Patient Registration
- Financial Agreement
- Patient History
- Demographic Information
- Medical Care Minor Consent (English)
- Medical Care Minor Consent (Spanish)
Services We Provide
Our office is open 7 days a week!
We are on call 24 hours | One of our own physician’s will always be on call outside of our normal business hours
Walk-in hours are temporarily suspended.
Saturday & Sunday acute sick visits (reserved only for established patient)
Scheduled same day - 8:30 a.m. to noon (phone lines open at 8:30 a.m. to schedule)
Our physicians have many years of experience caring for patients with chronic health needs including patients that are medical equipment dependent.
- Scheduled visits 1 month prior to travel
- Perform an individual risk Assessment
- Communicate to traveler anticipated health risks
- Provide risk management measures including vaccines and other medications as indicated by the CDC
- Handicap accessible (including wheel chair scale)
- On-site designated patient parking
- Smart boards in exam rooms
- Tele interpretation services
Scheduled visit with a Registered Dietician Nutritionist
- Meet with office manager and physician prior to delivery
- Tour office and go over office policies
Care coordinator designated to assist patients in making appointments with outside specialists, track and retrieve records and acquaint new patients with our office
- Hearing & Vision Screening
- Lead & Hemoglobin Testing
- Rapid Flu, Strep, & Mono Tests
- RSV Testing
- Pregnancy Tests
- Developmental Screenings
- Depression Screenings
- Suture & Staple Removal
- Nebulizer Treatments