Centers and Services | Overview
To contact the practitioners in the Sleep Medicine Program please call 914-493-7585
To contact the practitioners in the Aerodigestive Program please call 914-493-7585
- Our Asthma Program is one of the largest in the state — our clinicians care for more than 12,000 pediatric patients with asthma. In addition, our Asthma Clinical Research Center is part of a nationwide network of 20 centers (and one of only five pediatric centers) supported by the American Lung Association to complete large clinical studies that will have real-world, practical significance to children and adults with asthma.
- We are the only accredited Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Center in the Hudson Valley, and our center offers both pediatric and adult CF programs. Our team includes physicians, nurses, physical and respiratory therapists, dietitians, social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists and researchers.
- In 2008, we opened the Children’s Environmental Health Center of the Hudson Valley, the first such center in the area. Our center sees children who have had any suspected or known exposures to environmental toxins.
- Pediatric Pulmonary Function and Exercise Laboratory: We offer the only pulmonary function and exercise lab in the Hudson Valley that’s dedicated to children. Our lab features state-of-the-art equipment to measure lung function in children of all ages, including infants.
- Center for Airway Disorders (Aerodigestive Disorders): Our center is a collaborative effort headed up by the pulmonary division, working closely with experts in pediatric otolaryngology, gastroenterology, and swallowing disorders, dedicated to multidisciplinary care of children with these complex disorders.
- Home Mechanical Ventilation Program. Our division cares for hundreds of children and young adults who require help breathing at home: mechanical ventilation and phrenic nerve pacing. Our center has particular expertise in the care of children with Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome (CCHS), a rare genetic disorder of the autonomic nervous system.
- Childhood Interstitial Diseases Program: Over the last decade, there have been dramatic advances in the diagnosis and treatment of children with these rare disorders. Our center offers state-of-the-art care.
- Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Center: Our division cares for many children and young adults with these genetic disorders, and offers the latest diagnostic modality, measurement of nasal nitric 0xide (NO).
- Center of Healthy Lung Development: This center is designed to offer multidisciplinary diagnostic and management services for infants and children with chronic lung diseases that started in the newborn period, often referred to as Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD).
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Our pulmonologists work closely with the burn center at Westchester Medical Center to offer safe hyperbaric oxygen therapy for children who need this ground-breaking therapy.