- fellowship application form
- graduate school transcript
- three to five professional letters of reference
- two-page discussion of your professional history and goals
- for the oncology fellowship: please submit a two- to four-page clinical writing sample in addition to other application materials
Method of submission
- All materials must be submitted together as a single PDF file.
- Application PDFs should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the PACT Social Work Fellowship, please submit materials to PACTSWFellowship@childrens.harvard.edu.
- Application PDF files should be named according to the following convention: LastName.FirstName.PreferredFellowship
Fellowship deadlines for 2023-2024
- Applications for the PACT fellowship are due no later than Feb. 1, 2023.
- Applications for the psychiatry fellowship are due no later than February 1, 2023.
- LEND Deadline: Spring 2023
- Applications for the Adolescent Health Fellowship (LEAH) are due no later than March 1, 2023.
Fellowship applicants must have a master's of social work from an accredited school of social work and must obtain a Massachusetts social work license within three months of acceptance to the fellowship.
What you can expect once your application has been submitted
Once you send your emailed materials
You will receive an email confirmation that your documents were submitted successfully. Please do not submit your application until it is complete.
Once the deadline passes
Allow approximately six weeks post deadline to hear anything from us. If you are invited for an interview, you will be notified either by email or phone so please be sure to put accurate information on your application. You will receive final notification by email.
If you are selected for an interview
Finalists are invited to come to Boston Children's Hospital to interview with fellowship faculty. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by the department for which you applied. During the interview, you will have the opportunity to speak with social workers and other staff who are involved in that fellowship. You will also have the opportunity to see the site location where you would be placed.
If you are selected as a fellow
You will receive a phone call with the invitation to become a social work fellow at Boston Children's Hospital. Once you accept, you will receive an official letter.
If your application is not selected for an interview
If you are not selected for an interview, you will be notified by email. This may take up to two months. If you need information before you have heard from us (for instance, if you are offered another fellowship) please email us at email@example.com. We will try to give you some indication of where you stand in the application process.
For more information on the Social Work Fellowship Program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.