Kathryn Williams | Medical Services
Kathryn Williams | Professional History
Kathryn Williams is a biostatistician in the Biostatistics and Research Design Center of the Institutional Centers for Clinical and Translational Research (ICCTR).
Kathryn Williams’ primary research interests are biostatistics and clinical research design. The goal of this work is to improve the research across the hospital with a current focus on orthopedic surgery.
Kathryn Williams has supported many researchers over several years at the hospital. She contributes to the design and analysis of observational studies and clinical trials. She collaborates with a wide array of physician investigators and participates in teaching biostatistics and research methodology and in mentoring researchers. Her work experience includes the Duke Clinical Research Institute, The University of Ottawa Heart Institute and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario. She was an adjunct professor in the Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine at the University of Ottawa from 2006 to 2014.
- Maranho DA, Williams KA, Millis MB, Kim Y-J, Novais EN. Mid-Term Results of Periacetabular Osteotomy for the Treatment of Hip Dysplasia Associated with Down Syndrome. J Bone Joint Surg Am. Vol. 100-A No. 5 428-434. 2018
- Maranho DA, Kim Y-J, Williams KA, Novais EN. Preliminary results of an anteverting triple periacetabular osteotomy for the treatment of hip instability in Down syndrome. J Child Orthop. 12:55-62. 2018
- Mark Wu M, Eisenberg K, Williams K, Bae DS. Radial Head Changes in Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Humeral Capitellum. The Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol. 6 No. 4 1-8. 2018
- Williams DN, Williams KA, Monuteaux M. Statistics in Nuclear Cardiology: So, what’s the difference? The t test: pitfalls and options in hypothesis testing for comparing differences in means. Annals of Nuclear Cardiology. Vol. 4 No. 1 83-87. 2018
- Cheng HH, Rajagopal SK, Sansevere AJ, McDavitt E, Wigmore D, Mecklosky J, Andren K, Williams KA, Danehy A, Soul JS. Post-arrest therapeutic hypothermia in pediatric patients with congenital heart disease. Resuscitation 126:83-89. 2018
- Eisenberg K, Wu M, Hart E. Williams K. Bae DS. Differences in Clinical Presentation of Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Capitellum in Males and Females. The Orthopaedic Journal at Harvard Medical School. Vol. 17. 2017
- Blinder JJ, Thiagarajan R, Williams K, Nathan M, Mayer J, Kulik TJ. Duration of Mechanical Ventilation and Perioperative Care Quality after Neonatal Cardiac Surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 103:1956–62. 2017
- Barsky EE, Williams KA, Priebe GP, Sawicki GS. Incident Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Infection and Lung Function Decline in Cystic Fibrosis. Pediatric Pulmonology. 52:1276–1282. 2017
- Khan A, Baird J, Rogers JE, Furtak SL, Williams KA, Allair B, Litterer KP, Sharma M, Smith A, Schuster MA, Landrigan CP. Parent and Provider Experience and Shared Understanding after a Family-Centered Nighttime Communication Intervention. Acad Pediatr. 17(4): 389–402. 2017
- Sawicki GS, Garvey KC, Toomey SL, Williams KA, Chen Y, Hargraves JL, James T, Raphael JL, Giardino AP, Schuster MA, Finkelstein JA. Preparation for Transition to Adult Care Among Medicaid-Insured Adolescents. Pedriatrics. 140(1): e20162768. 2017
- Williams DN, Harrild DM, Williams KA, Monuteau M. Optimizing Assessment of Agreement between Like Continuous Measurements. Annals of Nuclear Cardiology. Vol. 3 No. 1 48-52. 2017
- Toomey SL, Peltz A, Loren S, Tracy M, Williams K, Pengeroth L, Ste Marie A, Onorato S, Schuster MA. Potentially Preventable 30-Day Hospital Readmissions at a Children's Hospital. Pediatrics. Vol. 138 No. 2 1-9. 2016
- Cheng HH, Rajagopal S, McDavitt E, Wigmore D, Williams K, Thiagarajan R, Grant PE, Daneby A, Rivkin MJ. Stroke in Acquired and Congenital Heart Disease Patients and Its Relationship to Hospital Mortality and Lasting Neurologic Deficits, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. Vol. 17 No. 10 976-983. 2016
- Williams KA, Harrild D, Willliams DN. Statistics in Nuclear Cardiology: Evaluating Diagnostic Accuracy, Annals of Nuclear Cardiology, Vol. 2 No. 1 174-177. 2016