Resources in Massachusetts for autism
- Asperger/Autism Network: Resources and services specific to individuals who present with a “high functioning” autism profile.
- The Arc of Massachusetts: Has locations throughout the state offering support and resources.
- Institute for Community Inclusion: Information about job training for individuals approaching adulthood.
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services: Provides a wide range of services, from educational advocacy to job coaches (some are fee based).
- Department of Developmental Services (DDS): Massachusetts state agency offering support to individuals with developmental delay or autism and their families. In adulthood they are responsible for setting up day and/or residential programming.
- Massachusetts Autism Support Centers: Seven regional centers offer support and education to families.
- Massachusetts Autism Commission: Information on programs and services for individual with autism.
- Federation for Children with Special Needs: Offers support, training and resources to parents of children with any special needs.
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission: Offers support and information about job training for individual with disabilities
- Massachusetts Sibling Support Network: Helps you link with local sibling support providers and programs
Resources in New England
National autism resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Research Institute
- Autism Science Foundation
- Autism Speaks
- Autism Society of America
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Information Center
- Child Development & Early Intervention
- National Autism Center
- National Institute of Mental Health