The Community Asthma Initiative at Boston Children's Hospital works with community partners in the city around asthma-related issues and activities.
We work with:
- ABCD Head Start
- American Lung Association of the Northeast
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America/New England Chapter
- Boston Inspectional Services Department, Housing Division, Breathe Easy at Home Program
- Boston Public Health Commission Asthma Control and Healthy Homes Program
- Health Resources in Action
- Asthma Regional Council
- Boston Healthy Homes and Schools Collaborative
- Massachusetts Asthma Action Partnership
Our partners provide opportunities for children to participate in safe and healthy programs and activities, such as:
- Boston Asthma Swim Program - asthma education and swimming exercise. Contact the Boston Asthma Swim Program here.
Together with our partners, we also provide asthma education workshops and trainings for parents and providers.
If you would like more information about our Community Partnerships, or if you are interested in someone coming out to speak to your community organization about asthma, contact Elizabeth Klements, MS, PNP-BC, AE-C. Beth is the asthma clinical nurse specialist at Boston Children’s, and she frequently speaks about asthma around Boston. Beth can be reached by email at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-355-1928.
- Children's Hospital Primary Care Center (CHPCC) at Children's
- The Division of Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine at Children's
- Allergy and Asthma Program at Boston Children's Hospital
- The Division of Pulmonary Medicine at Children's
- Boston Children's at Martha Eliot
- The Office of Child Advocacy at Children's
The Boston Children's Hospital Community Asthma Initiative is funded through the generous support of:
- Healthy Tomorrows Partnership for Children (HRSA grant # H17MC06705)
- Our program has also received funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help eliminate health disparities.