For an initial consultation, please call our program coordinator at 833-795-4837 (833-79-LIVER). The program coordinator will help you determine which type of referral you need (oncology, surgical, interventional, or, most likely, a multidisciplinary visit) and arrange for your child to be seen on a short timeline. They will also work with you to obtain insurance approval and will facilitate collection of any medical records, radiology imaging, or pathology slides. Our intent is to connect you with a provider immediately to determine the care your child needs and subsequently to provide you a concierge patient experience, helping you to navigate the complexities of a new or uncertain diagnosis.
Our oncology clinic is located at:
Jimmy Fund Clinic
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Ave.
Boston, MA 02215
To get to the Jimmy Fund Clinic:
- Park in the Smith Building Garage and enter the Dana Farber Cancer Institute Building on 44 Binney St. Take the elevators to the third floor. The clinic entrance will be in the adjacent foyer.
- The clinic is also accessible by bridge from Boston Children’s Hospital. Enter the hospital through the Main Entrance. Take the main Boston Children’s elevators to the fourth floor and follow bridges/signs to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund Clinic, which is on the third floor of the Dana Building.
Our GI and surgical clinics are located at:
Boston Children’s Hospital
300 Longwood Ave.
Fegan Building, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02115
Directions to Fegan 5 from within Boston Children’s:
- Enter hospital through the Main Entrance.
- Take a left to the Fegan elevators.
- Take the elevator to the fifth floor.
We will plan to see you for joint multidisciplinary visits where applicable to assure seamless communication of care. When multiple visits are warranted or additional testing is needed, our program coordinator will provide you a detailed schedule and map out your day.
Liver Tumor second opinions
We welcome patients and families seeking a second opinion about the care of their child with concerns for a new liver tumor.
The Liver Tumor Center offers three options for requesting a second opinion:
- visit our experts in person
- schedule a virtual visit
- obtain an online second opinion
Please visit our Second Opinion Program page to learn more about the best option for you and your child. If you are seeking a second opinion, we request that you provide the following information:
- notes, letters, and reports from any previous providers who have evaluated the liver tumor (including clinic notes and operative reports)
- laboratory test results
- reports and digital copies of images (on CD or DVD) from any imaging procedures (including ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI scans, PET, or other nuclear medicine scans)
- pathology reports from any biopsies or surgeries
- original pathology (or cytology) slides from any biopsies or surgeries
- genetic testing of your tumor
Providing as much of this information as possible will allow us to perform a comprehensive review of all available information to provide the best possible diagnosis and treatment recommendations for your child.
International Health Services:
- facilitates the medical review of patient records
- assists with scheduling appointments
- provides assistance with customs and immigration
- helps coordinate transportation
- assists with arranging hotel lodging and other housing accommodations