For Doctors & Clinicians | Overview
The Nutrition Center is a robust clinical program with national prominence. Each of our dietitians — we have over 50 — is highly specialized, so whether a patient has been diagnosed with a common condition or a rare disease, we have the expertise to help. Part of the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, our team of dietitians is considered among the best in the country.
Dedicated to innovation in pediatric care
- The Nutrition Center has set national standards of nutritional care in several areas, including intestinal failure, stem cell transplantation, critical care, inborn errors of metabolism, home parenteral nutrition and others.
- We perform advanced assessment procedures in our state-of-the-art Nutrition Assessment Laboratory.
- We actively collaborate with domestic and global partners in research and the treatment of rare conditions.
- We continually contribute to textbook and manual publication in the field of pediatric nutrition.
- Many of the staff teach at Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and Harvard College.
Our expertiseAt Boston Children’s, we’ve created several specialized programs dedicated to helping patients with specific conditions, including:
- Home Parenteral Nutrition Program: Designed for children who require intraveneous (IV) or parenteral nutrition (PN) and hydration support at home
- Growth & Nutrition Program: Designed specifically to help children under the age of 6 who are struggling with feeding or weight gain
- CAIR - Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation: Focused on the treatment and understanding of short bowel syndrome
Refer a patient to Boston Children’s Hospital
For all Boston Children's dietitian referrals: Use the Boston Children's Hospital Facility NPI #:171-008-7127. Please feel free to contact the Nutrition Center staff at Boston Children's with any questions at 617-355-4677.