Clinical Studies | Overview
Below is a sampling of clinical trials and clinical research protocols from the Genetics & Genomics Research program and the Clinical Genetics program. For recent research findings, see our highlighted abstracts presented at the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) meeting.
- Levodopa for Angelman syndrome
- Characterization of Angelman syndrome
- See more at ClinicalTrials.gov and on our science blog, Vector.
- SynapDx Autism Gene Expression Analysis Study (STORY)
- SynapDx Autism Gene Expression Analysis Study (SAGA)
- Pharmacokinetics and Safety Study of Single and Multiple Oral Doses of Prodarsan™ (Edward Neilan, MD, PhD)
Congenital heart disease
(see also Noonan syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Disease GEnetic NEtwork Study (CHD GENES) (Amy Roberts, MD)
- Boston Children's Hospital Cardiac Gene Project (Amy Roberts, MD)
- See more on the Cardiovascular Genetics Program site.
- Molecular and Genetic Studies of Congenital Myopathies
- A Medical Chart Review of Patients With X-Linked Myotubular Myopathy (XLMTM)
Fragile X syndrome
- Efficacy, safety and tolerability of STX209 (Arbaclofen) for treatment of irritability in Fragile X syndrome (Jonathan Picker, MBChB, PhD)
- See more at ClinicalTrials.gov and on the Fragile X Program page.
Lysosomal storage disorders
- Extension of Study TKT024 Evaluating Long-Term Safety and Clinical Outcomes of Idursulfase in Mucopolysaccharidosis II [Hunter syndrome) (Edward Neilan, MD, PhD)
- Induced pluripotent stem cell research for galactosemia (More in this video) (Gerard Berry, MD)
- Better diagnostic testing for newborns with galactosemia (Gerard Berry, MD)
- Long-term Outcome of N-Carbamylglutamate Treatment (CarbaGlu) in Propionic Acidemia and Methylmalonic Acidemia (Gerard Berry, MD)
- Short-term Outcome of N-Carbamylglutamate in the Treatment of Acute Hyperammonemia (Gerard Berry, MD)
- An Open-label Phase 2 Study of UX007 (Triheptanoin) in Subjects with Long-Chain Fatty Acid Oxidation Disorders (LC-FAOD) (Gerard Berry, MD)
- An Open-Label Phase 3 Study of BMN 165 for Adults With Phenylketonuria (PKU) (Harvey Levy, MD)
- Longitudinal Study of Urea Cycle Disorders (Harvey Levy, MD)
- See more on the Metabolism Program page.
- Genotype/Phenotype Correlation Study for Noonan Syndrome and related phenotypes (Coordinator: Erica Tworog-Dube, M.S., G.C., 617-525-4490)