Researcher | Research Overview
Dr Gray is a faculty member at Boston Children’s Hospital. She is the Assistant Director of Statistical Informatics within the Institutional Centers for Clinical and Translational Research (ICCTR) and the senior statistician in the Division of General Pediatrics. Her current collaborative research focuses on the study design, implementation, and analysis of medical care outcomes, clinical, translational, and observational studies that involve use of large registry databases and electronic health records (EHR). She is interested in the applications of statistical methodology, including survival analysis, competing risks, longitudinal and correlated data analysis, and hierarchical or multilevel analysis.
Dr. Gray currently serves as a voting member of Gynecologic Cancers Steering Committee (GCSC) at US National Cancer Institute (NCI) and provides statistical reviews of research proposals/concepts for new phase II/III gynecologic Cancer trials and engage in strategic planning that determines directions for NCI-funded trials in gynecologic cancers.
Dr Gray is also deeply committed to mentoring and supporting fellows and junior faculty.
Researcher | Research Background
Dr Gray received her doctoral degree in biostatistics from Harvard University and has extensive experience collaborating with clinical researchers from multiple disciplines, including HIV/AIDs, cancers and other diseases. Her work has included collaborating on phase I-III clinical trials and correlative research projects in multiple cancer therapeutic disease areas at Dana Farber Cancer Institute and providing statistical guidance and support for NIH, industry sponsored and other grants. Most recently, she served as the Director of Biostatistics and the Principal Research Scientist at the Frontier Science & Technology Research Foundation, where she led the Statistics and Programming team and provided leadership and statistical guidance in the collaborations with pharmaceutical companies for the licensure studies that investigated the pediatric dosing for new antiretroviral therapies for the International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT) network, which conducts pediatric HIV/AIDS clinical trials. The work contributed to getting key antiretroviral medications licensed by US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or European Medicines Agency (EMA) approval for pediatric use at doses appropriate for children.
Pharmacokinetics, safety, tolerability, and antiviral activity of dolutegravir dispersible tablets in infants and children with HIV-1(IMPAACT P1093): results of an open-label, phase 1-2 trial. The lancet. HIV. 2022 May 1; 9(5): e332-e340. PMID: 35489377.
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocyte stratification of prognostic staging of early-stage triple negative breast cancer. NPJ Breast Cancer. 2022 Jan 11;8(1):3. PMID: 35017545
- Genomic Aberrations and Late Recurrence in Postmenopausal Women with Hormone Receptor-positive Early Breast Cancer: Results from the SOLE Trial. Clin Cancer Res. 2021 Jan 15;27(2):504-512; PMID: 33082214
- Colonoscopist Performance and Colorectal Cancer Risk After Adenoma Removal to Stratify Surveillance: Two Nationwide Observational Studies. Gastroenterology. 2021 Mar;160(4):1067-1074; PMID: 33065063
- Dual Blockade of c-MET and the Androgen Receptor in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer: A Phase I Study of Concurrent Enzalutamide and Crizotinib. Clin Cancer Res. 2020 Dec 1;26(23):6122-6131; PMID: 32943461
- Assessment of Combined Nivolumab and Bevacizumab in Relapsed Ovarian Cancer: A Phase 2 Clinical Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Oct 10;5(12):1731–8; PMID: 31600397
- Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Prognosis: A Pooled Individual Patient Analysis of Early-Stage Triple-Negative Breast Cancers. J Clin Oncol. 2019 Mar 1;37(7):559-569; PMID:30650045
- Radium-223 Dichloride in Combination with Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor-Targeting Therapy in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma with Bone Metastases. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Sep 1;24(17):4081-4088: PMID: 29848570
- TOP2A and EZH2 Provide Early Detection of an Aggressive Prostate Cancer Subgroup. Clin Cancer Res. 2017 Nov 15;23(22):7072-7083; PMID: 28899973
- Differential expression of c-Met between primary and metastatic sites in clear-cell renal cell carcinoma and its association with PD-L1 expression. Oncotarget 2017 Oct 23;8(61):103428-103436; PMID: 29262573
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) are a powerful prognostic marker in patients with triple-negative breast cancer enrolled in the IBCSG phase III randomized clinical trial 22-00. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016 Jul;158(2):323-31; PMID: 27372069
- Docetaxel, bevacizumab, and androgen deprivation therapy for biochemical disease recurrence after definitive local therapy for prostate cancer. Cancer. 2015 Aug 1;121(15):2603-11; PMID: 25903013
- PD-L1 expression in nonclear-cell renal cell carcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2014 Nov;25(11):2178-2184; PMID: 25193987
- Analyses of cumulative incidence functions via non-parametric multiple imputation. Stat Med. 2008 Nov 29;27(27):5709-24; PMID: 18712779
- A method for analyzing disease-specific mortality with missing cause of death information. Lifetime Data Anal. 2006 Mar;12(1):35-51; PMID: 16583298