Researcher | Research Overview
As a Doctoral prepared Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Dr. Aquino has clinical expertise in pediatric anesthesiology and has a broad background in Nursing, with specific training in transgender health at the World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH) Global Education Institute. His research includes understanding how gender-affirming care and anesthesia management are associated with perioperative and adverse outcomes for gender-diverse youth and young adults having gender-affirming procedures.
- Aquino, N.J.; Boskey, E.R.; Staffa, S.J.; Ganor, O.; Crest, A.W.; Gemmill, K.V.; Cravero, J.P.; Vlassakova, B. A Single Center Case Series of Gender-Affirming Surgeries and the Evolution of a Specialty Anesthesia Team. J. Clin. Med. 2022, 11, 1943.
- Discepolo K, Aquino N. Considerations for Transgender Patients Requiring Dental Rehabilitation. J Dent Child (Chic). 2022 Jan 15;89(1):46-51. PMID: 35337400.
- Aquino, Nelson J. MS, CRNA; Ganor, Oren MD; Chrisos, Haley A. PA-C; Oles, Norah BS; Boskey, Elizabeth R. PhD, MPH, LICSW Perioperative Issues with Gender-Diverse Youth, Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing: 1/3 2021 - Volume 10 - Issue 1 - p 23-31 doi: 10.1097/JPS.0000000000000282
- Oles, Norah BS; Ganor, Oren MD; Aquino, Nelson J. MS, CRNA; Boskey, Elizabeth R. PhD, MPH, LICSW. Surgical Affirmation for Gender-Diverse Youth. Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing: 1/3 2021 - Volume 10 - Issue 1 - p 32-39 doi: 10.1097/JPS.0000000000000279
- Van Rooyen, C., Aquino, N.J., Tollinche, L.E. et al. Perioperative Considerations for Gender-Affirming Surgery. Curr Anesthesiol Rep (2023).