Researcher | Research Overview
Dr. Chung’s research interests are in the areas of pediatric disaster preparedness and response, including the role of hospital preparation for disasters involving children, family reunification, emergency mass critical care, and effects of the H1N1 pandemic influenza on pediatric emergency departments.
Researcher | Research Background
Sarita Chung received her MD in Medicine from the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. She did a residency in Pediatrics in the Boston Combined Residency Program (Boston Children’s Hospital and Boston Medical Center), and a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr. Chung joined the faculty of the Division of Emergency Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital in 2002.
- Chung S, Monteiro S, Hogencamp T, Damian FJ, Stack A. Pediatric Alternate Site of Care during the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic. Pediatr Emer Care 2011;27: 519-526.
- Chung S, Monteiro S. Ziniel S, Klaman P, Kalish L. Survey of Emergency Management Professionals to Assess Ideal Characteristics of a Photographic Based Family Reunification Tool. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness 2012:2:156-162
- Chung S, Christoudias C, Darrell T, Ziniel S, Kalish L. A Novel Image Based Tool to Reunite Children with Their Families after Disasters. Acad Emerg Med. 2012:19:1227-34
- Chung S, Fagbuyi D, Lozon MM, Johnson T, Nager AL, Cicero MX, Dahl-Grove D, Costello, BE, Krug SE. Going Viral: Adapting to Pediatric Surge During the H1N1 Pandemic. Pediatr Emer Care 2013;29:1159-1165.
- Gates JD, Arabian S, Biddinger P, Blansfield J, Burke P, Chung S, Fischer J, Friedman F, Gervasini A, Goralnick E, Gupta A, Larentzakis A, McMahon M, Mella J, Michaud Y, Mooney D, Rabinovici R, Sweet D, Ulrich A, Velmahos G, Weber C, Yaffe MB. The initial response to the Boston marathon bombing; lessons learned to prepare for the next disaster. Ann Surg. 2014 Dec; 260(6)960-6.
- Goralnick E, Halpern P, Loo S, Gates J, Biddinger P, Fisher J, Velmahos G, Chung S, Mooney D, Brown C, Barnewolt B, Burke P, Gupta A, Ulrich A, Hojman H, McNulty E, Dorn B, Marcus L, Peleg K Leadership During the Boston Marathon Bombings: A Qualitative After-Action Review. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2015 Jun 22:1-7