Mark W. Kieran , MD, PhD
Office Phone: 617-632-4386
Appointment Line: 1-888-PEDI-ONC (733-4662)
Dr. Kieran received his PhD in 1984 from the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, and his MD in 1986 from the University of Calgary. He completed postgraduate training in molecular biology at the Pasteur Institute in Paris. After a pediatric residency in Montreal, he received postdoctoral education at Children's Hospital Boston. In 1997, he became director of Pediatric Medical Neuro-Oncology at DFCI. He also works on angiogenesis in the laboratory of Dr. Judah Folkman.
In the News
- Therapy of pediatric brain tumors ( J Clin Oncol 19:480, 2001; Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:497, 2003; J Clin Oncol 23:525, 2005)
- Antiangiogenic therapy of brain tumors (Nature Medicine 9:1104, 2003; J Neurooncol 75:327, 2005; J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:573, 2005; Clin Cancer Res 11:8145, 2005)
- Novel techniques for imaging brain tumors (Magn Reson Med 51:893, 2004; NMR Biomed 17:399, 2004)
- Psychosocial and behavioral functioning among pediatric brain tumor survivors. (J Neurooncol 63:279, 2003; Pediatr Neurol 34:13, 2006)
- Complications of brain tumor therapy (Pediatr Neurol 35:122, 2006)
- Prognostic value of tumor microinvasion and metalloproteinases expression in intracranial pediatric ependymomas. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008 Sep;67(9):911-20.
- Efficacy of the HSP90 inhibitor 17-AAG in human glioma cell lines and tumorigenic glioma stem cells. Neuro Oncol. 2008 Aug 5.
- Outcome of pediatric pineoblastoma after surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. J Neurooncol. 2008 Aug;89(1):89-95.
- Molecular aspects, clinical aspects and possible treatment modalities for Costello syndrome: Proceedings from the 1st International Costello Syndrome Research Symposium 2007. Am J Med Genet A. 2008 May 1;146A(9):1205-17.
- Remission of infantile generalized myofibromatosis after interferon alpha therapy. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2008 Feb;30(2):179-81.
Dana-Farber Cancer InstituteDepartment of Pediatric Oncology450 Brookline AveBoston, MA 02215Phone: 617-632-4386Fax: 617-632-4897