Adolescents and young adults have different needs and different gynecologic issues compared to older adults. Our Adolescent and Young Adult Specialists have vast expertise in gynecologic conditions specific to this age group. Most adolescents and young adults may not even need a routine pelvic (internal) exam.
We understand the confidential needs of this age group, and the potential role for parents to be involved in the young person’s care.
Our specialists have experience in helping adolescents and young adults with conditions like:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Amenorrhea (not having your period)
- Irregular Periods
- Painful or Heavy Periods
- Pap Smears
- Vaginal Discharge
- Testing and Treatment for STIs
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Contraceptive counseling for all forms of birth control, including IUDs and contraceptive implants