Our Services | Overview
Our services include:
- individual supportive counseling (in person and by phone)
- assistance with emergency housing application process
- advocacy and referral to various community agencies, including, but not limited to legal support, housing, and benefits
- referrals to supportive counseling and services for children who witness violence
- we are able to provide support in other languages, through Interpreter Services
What is domestic or intimate partner violence?
If you, a family member, or friend is experiencing domestic violence, the first step is reaching out for support. AWAKE defines domestic violence as a pattern of coercive or controlling behaviors by one partner over another. This behavior allows the abusive partner to maintain power and control over the mind, body, and wellbeing of their significant other(s).
Domestic violence includes, but is not limited to:
- physical violence
- sexual violence
- emotional abuse
- spiritual abuse
- cultural abuse
- financial abuse
Disrupting the cycle of violence
Healthy relationships are built on equity, respect, honesty, open communication, and trust. If you find yourself in an unhealthy or abusive situation, know that you are not alone and AWAKE is available to support you.
How to access AWAKE
AWAKE support is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To access our services, call 617-355-6000 and request to have an AWAKE social worker paged. After hours or on weekends, please ask the page operator to connect you with on-call coverage.