Preparing for your virtual visit in the Blood Disorders (Hematology) Center
To have a virtual visit, you just need a mobile device, tablet, or computer with Wi-Fi connection. On the day of the visit you can video chat with your provider and share screens.
You will receive a confirmation email once the appointment is scheduled that includes step-by-step instructions. Virtual visits may use either a virtual visit software program or the Zoom application.
Your provider will review their recommended lab plan with you at the time of the virtual visit. If labs are needed prior to the virtual visit, your provider will reach out directly to you.
Before the virtual visit with your provider, you will need to do the following:
- Register for the MyChildren's Patient Portal if you have not already.
- Review the Telemedicine Family Education Sheet.
- Send any lab results through the MyChildren’s Portal or by fax (617-730-0641), if available.*
* — Follow these instructions to upload questionnaires, photos, or other documents to the MyChildren’s Portal.
At the time of the virtual visit:
- Please log in a few minutes prior to your visit.
- Patient should be present for at least part of the visit.
- Use Wi-Fi but depending on your connectivity, data may work better.
- Call the virtual visit support line if you have any issues at 617-919-4390.