Pediatric Diagnostic Program | Overview
The Pediatric Diagnostic Program is a comprehensive service of Boston Children’s Hospital designed to diagnose and treat children and adolescents with complex symptoms or uncertain conditions.
Our team of experienced pediatricians, nurses, and behavioral health clinicians takes a holistic approach to care. We conduct in-depth assessments and provide support to patients, families and referring clinicians. In an effort to provide the best and most comprehensive diagnosis, we work closely with experts from a variety of departments throughout Boston Children’s including:
- Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Infectious Diseases
- Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Pain Treatment Center
- Genetics and Genomics
The Pediatric Diagnostic Program will:
- develop a diagnostic and treatment plan that best meets the needs of the child and family
- facilitate further evaluation and treatment, often with the input of the larger team
- coordinate between, and communicate with, all the Boston Children's providers involved in the care of the child as well as their primary-care provider.
- provide comprehensive recommendations for the referring physician
- assist with connections to useful community resources